Applications Opened: Sunday, 22nd May
Applications Close: Sunday, 5th June
Employment Type: Full Time
Start Date: Immediate Start Preferred
Salary: A competitive salary will be offered
Be part of the clean urban mobility revolution!
Tiller Rides is a Fremantle-based startup leading the clean urban mobility revolution.
After 5 years of R&D and production setup, our first product, the revolutionary Roadster eBike, has begun rolling off our dedicated 2000sqm production line and onto the streets of Australia.
To ensure the production line runs smoothly, we are now looking for an experienced Supply Chain, Quality and Demand Manager to support continuing R&D and the upkeep of a smooth production run. This role works closely with our amazing China based manufacturing partner and ensures that high quality Roadsters, accessories and spare parts are produced and shipped cost efficiently, in time and at the required volumes.
We are now looking for a talented Supply Chain, Quality and Demand Manager to manage our interactions with our China based contract manufacturing partner to ensure that high quality Roadsters, accessories and spare parts continue to be produced at the required volumes.
About the role
To be successful in this role, you’ll have an interest in clean urban mobility and producing high quality consumer products. You will also have some experience in management of a supply chain for a high volume technical consumer product.
Of equal value to supply chain management experience is being highly organised, having a positive can-do attitude, an open mindset, strong communication skills, and enthusiasm to be part of a team that will scale from Fremantle to the world stage.
Ideally this role will be based in our Fremantle Headquarters, however we may consider a remote role if an applicant has high enough communication skills to not make distance a barrier.
The role will involve:
- Manage supply chain for all Tiller products and spare parts
- Liaise with Tiller’s existing manufacturing partners
- Work closely with Tiller’s Engineering Team to source and negotiate with manufacturers
- Resolve production issues to ensure quality products are delivered on time
- Instigate change management to iron out any issues that may prevent targets being met
- Liaise with Tiller’s Engineering Team to ensure designs, jigs, fixes etc are completed on time and ready for production.
- Champion the go to market plan / timing for Tiller designed products and accessories
- Manufacturer to Warehouse Logistics
- This role may involve travelling to China on occasion
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
We know that there is more to being great at something than a degree or piece of paper so we will consider all relevant experiences. In saying this though, we imagine someone with the following qualifications, skills, and experience could hit the ground running:
- The successful candidate will preferably hold a degree in at least one related area such as Manufacturing Engineering, Mechanical or Mechatronic Engineering, Project or Operations Management, Logistics, Bachelor of Business (Logistics and Supply Chain Management), MBA,
- 5 or more years in a similar role for example managing a supply chain for a production line.
- Project or Operations Management: Ability to manage large projects from inception to completion
- Communication: You will need to have excellent communication skills across all mediums (verbal, written, image, and video) and ideally have experience dealing with non-English speaking supply chains / manufacturers
- Forecasting and Cost Accounting: ability to forecast, manage and analyse financial data.
- Negotiation: Ability to negotiate with suppliers
- Creative Thinking: Able to come up with ways to solve problems
- Teamwork: Ability to effectively work as part of a team and liaise with, influence and gain cooperation across the organisation as well as with our manufacturing partner and subsuppliers
- Excellent Time Management and Organisation: Able to focus on the highest priorities and get them done in the time available
- Results Focused: Can-do attitude who knows how to hit targets and dates
- Experience in Operations: and a network in logistics are a bonus
- Passion: You must be inspired by our vision and mission, and feel some level of passion for realising it.
- Team Player: We want someone who can work well in a team environment and believes that collaboration creates the greatest results.
- Initiative/Self-starter: Team members must be self-starters, confident in taking initiative to do what is needed to achieve the required results. If you don’t know how to do it yet you will try and work it out.
- Desire to Excel: We are in the pursuit of excellence in all that we do here.
What we can offer you
- A strong sense of purpose by playing a key role in the clean urban mobility revolution.
- The opportunity to be part of a fast growing start-up with potential for high salary growth and shares in the business.
- Autonomy and the freedom to be creative and innovate - we love thinking outside the box!
- Being part of a fun, passionate, hard-working, tight-knit start-up team. We work hard, but achieving the vision is rewarding and there's always lots to celebrate!
- Opportunity to hone your communication skills and the art of relationship building.
- Competitive pay package - we are prepared to pay for great performers
- Flexibility - we know 9-5 isn’t for everyone; we offer flexible work hours and location if that’s what you need/want in order to get results.
- A vibrant, cohesive team environment - we don’t do politics here.
How to apply
If the opportunity to join the Tiller Rides crew excites you and you fit the criteria, please email email@example.com with the subject line “Supply Chain, Quality and Demand Manager” and containing the following information:
A) A short video that introduces you by answering the following questions:
- Why would you like to join the Tiller Rides crew?
- What would you say sums up your personal values?
- How did you obtain money as a teenager?
- What are the top three companies you most admire? Why?
- What previous experience would demonstrate your ability to undertake the following activities / projects:
- Manage a high volume production line
- Identify and resolve quality issues
- Liaise with designers and engineers to resolve production issues.
- Identifying opportunities to reduce the cost of production.
- What was your last big mistake? What did you do about it?
- What are three things you are really interested in outside of work?
B) A tailored short CV that details your experience and skills relevant to this role.
Questions and Closing Date?
If you have any questions about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call Julian Ilich (CEO) on 0400 608 228.