(AKA: Rider Recruiter)
Employment Type: Part time or Casual
Salary: A competitive hourly rate or package will be offered to the right person
Tiller Rides is a Fremantle-based startup leading the clean urban mobility revolution.
After 4 years of R&D and production setup, our first product, the Roadster eBike, is about to roll off the production line and onto the streets of Australia. We are now looking for superstars who love talking to people and so can be part of realising our vision of making clean mobility what most people use to get around their city.
About the role
To be successful in this role, you’ll have an interest in clean urban mobility, personal well being, sustainable living and helping people. You will also have some experience in sales, marketing and organising events - but this isn’t essential. More valuable than sales experience is a positive can-do attitude, an open mindset, strong communication skills, and enthusiasm to be part of a team that will scale from Fremantle to the world stage!
We are currently putting together a small and talented Rider Recruitment team. This role is based in our Fremantle Headquarters, is either part-time (up to 3 days a week) or casual and requires regular weekend work. As a fast-growing start up, it is envisaged that some of the roles could grow to full time in the upcoming months..
The role will involve:
- Liaising with Riders interested in buying a Roadster eBike; at a test ride event, in store, or on the phone (including video demos).
- Running test rides at the Fremantle store.
- Organising and running mobile test-ride events around Perth metro
- Organising and attending promotional events around Perth metro
- Delivering Roadsters to customers
- This role may involve travelling outside of Perth metro on occasion
Qualifications, Skills and Experience
We know that there is more to being great at something than a degree or piece of paper so we will consider all relevant experiences. In saying this though, we imagine someone with the following qualifications, skills, and experience could hit the ground running:
- Relevant Qualifications: Currently studying or holding a degree in communication, business development marketing or advertising.
- Experience: 2 or more years in a similar role - obviously sales would count for this.
- Communication: You will need to have excellent communication skills across all mediums (verbal, written, image, and video).
- Customer Service: Able to communicate clearly and emphatically with a diverse customer base at all stages of considering a purchase.
- Creative Thinking: Able to come up with ideas on improving sales strategy and results.
- Project Management: Ability to manage small projects from inception to completion.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills
- Results focused: Can-do attitude who knows how to hit sales targets and KPIs.
- Passion: You must be inspired by our vision and mission, and feel some level of passion for realising it.
- Team Player: We want someone who can work well in a team environment and believes that collaboration creates the greatest results.
- Initiative/Self-starter: Team members must be self-starters, confident in taking initiative to do what is needed to achieve the required results. If you don’t know how to do it yet you will try can work it out.
- Desire to Excel: We are in the pursuit of excellence in all that we do here.
What we can offer you
- A strong sense of purpose by playing a key role in the clean urban mobility revolution.
- The opportunity to be part of a fast growing start-up with potential for full-time employment.
- Autonomy and the freedom to be creative and innovate - we love thinking outside the box!
- Being part of a fun, passionate, hard-working, tight-knit start-up team. We work hard, but achieving the vision is rewarding and there's always lots to celebrate!
- Opportunity to hone your communication skills and the art of relationship building.
- Competitive pay package - we are prepared to pay for great performers
- Flexibility - we know 9-5 isn’t for everyone; we offer flexible work hours and location if that’s what you need/want in order to get results.
- A vibrant, cohesive team environment - we don’t do politics here.
How to apply
If the opportunity to join the Tiller Rides crew excites you and you fit the criteria, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line Sales Manager & Lead Consultant and containing the following information:
A) A short cover letter (and video if you want extra credit) that introduces you by answering the following questions:
- What was your last big mistake? What did you do about it?
- What would you say sums up your personal values?
- How did you obtain money as a teenager?
- What are the top three companies do you most admire? Why?
- What are three things you are really interested in outside of work?
- Why would you like to join the Tiller Rides crew?
- What previous experience would demonstrate your ability to undertake the following activities / projects:
- Optimise a conversation to improve a sales conversion rate
- Deliver sales as a result of face to face conversations
- Optimising a website landing page for a product on an eCommerce platform
- Deliver our products to customers in a way that makes them say ‘WOW’
Questions and Closing Date?
If you have any questions about the role, please email email@example.com or call Stephen Goode on 0419 907 798.